dimon222 Appeal (Complete)

Moderators: Appeal Managers, Ambassadors

dimon222
Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/dimon222/
Discord Name: dimon222#8256

dimon222 Appeal (Complete)

Post by dimon222 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:11 pm

Hello! I'm looking to appeal to change situation with my profile.
I've previously cheated in SAM for several titles in terms of getting ingame/event items. That is no longer the case for 6+ years.
Following appeal guide section, I've done some research among achievements I had over time in hope of trying to track down what was in the past. All the findings are mentioned below and been relocked via SAR tool according to guide example for appeals. If there's anything else that got missed, I'll try to assist in investigation.

Discord: dimon222#8256
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/dimon222/

Format of listing:
Reason: ...
Game - Achievement

Listing:
----------------------------------
Reason: X-mas event 2011 (coals)
Serious Sam 3 - Christmas In Cairo
Revenge of The Titan - DRUNKEN FAMILY ARGUMENT
Dungeon Defenders - Jingled All the Way
Sanctum - Festivus for the rest of us
Demolition Inc. - Car Jump I
Nuclear Dawn - Bad Santa
Total War Shogun 2 - Skilled Warrior
Trine - Winter Secrets
BITTRIP.Runner - EVERYONE.PLAYED BRAID
BITTRIP.Runner - PLAYING.TRINE WILL BLOW YOUR MIND
BITTRIP.Runner - AMNESIA.MAKES YOU AFRAID
Bastion - Ride the Wind
Atom Zombie Smasher - KringleJammer

Reason: Unknown/can't remember even the game itself. All achievements were unlocked at same time so for sure it was case of SAM usage. Its known that game got removed from store several weeks after this.
Battle for Graxia - All achievements

Reason: Ingame items
Team Fortress 2 - Most of achievements at the time of 2011 (its been reset/relocked already, but I don't even remember the date when it happened)

I appreciate time spent on reviewing my case. Thanks for chance to appeal.

Fabio
Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/crackadalion/
Discord Name: Fabio's

Re: dimon222 Appeal

Post by Fabio » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:05 pm

Hi dimon, thanks for creating an appeal about this. What is the first game you mentioned ? (Reason: X-mas event 2011 (coals))

-For trine, there are a couple of clusters of achievements all unlocked at the same time. Do you know what might have caused that?
-Faerie Solitaire Remastered also has a medium sized cluster unlocked together

Thanks for relocking the achievements in these games for the reasons stated. When you are able to, please reopen each game to check for any achievements that automatically unlock. There may be some save files or statistics that need to be reset in order to keep that from happening. Let me know how that goes!
100Pals Mod

dimon222
Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/dimon222/
Discord Name: dimon222#8256

Post by dimon222 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:23 am

Hello Fabio, Thanks for going through my case.

1. Christmas event 2011 - I meant full list of games mentioned (under the reason itself) and it's related achievement (on the right from name) that were unlocked to get X-mas event items and coals in 2011 during sale.
2. Trine - Summer Sale 2011 had items sold for participation in achievement hunting. I tried to traverse back, it seems that whole cluster mentioned (small cut) was activated a day after the actual event achievement for actual game was cheated (since its the only achievement ever received for this game before that day). As I no longer have trace of what happened 8 years ago, but somewhat ready to believe that event achievement was SAM'd, I've right now relocked all of Trine achievements.
3. Faerie Solitaire Remastered - I'm sure no cheats were involved in receiving those. I've checked through achievement dates, they seem to refer to Aug 17 when I might have launched Faerie Solitaire Remastered. However, I do remember that I played this game offline after I moved to new living place in May 2019. I had no internet set yet, so I spent several weeks playing whatever was available to play without internet. I also played it during internet outage 2 weeks after. I think what might have happened is that achievements were logged locally in game saves, and synced to internet only when I launched game another day which happened to be Aug 17 (I wanted to check if there's anything else I can pass through as I reached boring stage in game).
I've also made screenshot of my game stats in case it helps.
I could share in PM screenshot of "welcome" email from my internet provider dated May 2019 if needed.

Let me know if anything else I can provide details for.

PS: I've started going through list of games for relaunching to confirm that no achievements get retriggered by savegames, I'll report back when I'm done with it.
Update: I've checked all the mentioned games. Most of them either don't have any data stored in Steam Cloud (0 bytes used by cloud saves) or don't have integration supported. It's very possible that mentioned games weren't enabled for Steam Cloud back then, so never got their savegames cached.

Fabio
Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/crackadalion/
Discord Name: Fabio's

Post by Fabio » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:48 pm

Thanks for relocking trine since you weren’t too sure if it was it was not cheated. It’s better to be safe than have a problem pop up for you in the future.

Faerie solitaire should be fine then, your explanation is enough.

Thanks for checking each game for achievement unlocks, as well. It isn’t always the same for everyone so it’s a requirement we have to prevent having to reopen an appeal for something we could have helped fix already. With that, I want to say your appeal is good to go. Once I’m at my pc I’ll do some final review over trine (just to update your trackers to show it has been relocked) and then I should be able to mark your appeal as complete and get you verified in the 100Pals server. Thanks for your patience!
100Pals Mod