Moderators: Appeal Managers, Ambassadors

YouGotHitByGunner
Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/yougothitbygunner/
Discord Name: YouGotHitByGunner#7444

YouGotHitByGunner Discord Appeal

Post by YouGotHitByGunner » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:22 pm

Discord: YouGotHitByGunner#7444
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198403946060

I'd like to appeal my ban on the 100Pals Discord server.

I believe there was some miscommunication between us, as I don't have any beef/grudges with any Mods or the 100Pals community as a whole. I respect your hard work, and I have been actively promoting 100Pals on my personal server ever since the creation of it. If you look in the channel #read-me of my server, I have never deleted the link that redirects to your website.

I've have actively been trying to be the best version of myself over the past few years, and I think there's dozens of people who would say the same about me if they would be given the chance.

Over the past year, I've been helping the Cross-Platform hobby to grow up, I've introduced new hunters into it, helped behind the scenes on Exophase (so that the developer would have more time available for adding new features), reported countless bugs, promoted fantastic features from every tracker to persuade more people into using them. I have been a member of the TrueSteamAchievements team for a while now as well, and have been trying to add useful/accurate info on it to convince more people into giving it a try, and I have even created an event on my server to help in achieving that goal. Not only that, but I've also promoted other Achievement Hunting communities to the users in my server. When an Xbox hunter joins, they get to know about other cool, dedicated places for the Xbox Hunting scene, and have a bigger chance of meeting new people who they could call friends later on.

I've been taking part in creating a council for leaders of the Achievement Hunting community in which we can all work together and have a better communication between us, there's 15 or more communities currently participating in there. I think I've been doing significant improvements into making this hobby a better/friendlier place to be in.

One of the reasons I was banned from 100Pals was because of my conflict with The BatCave, which was a one-sided drama. After I was banned from there, I haven't been interacting with the Admin or the community in any way, but they have been spreading fake rumours about myself. The admin gave my friends an ultimatum "you either stop contacting Gunner, or you get banned from The BatCave". They choose me over him, and that's when the whole drama started. All I did was to keep myself way from all of that, to not interact with the Admin or their community. I've never used my server/group to spread hate against him, or anything else like that. And I also haven't been stealing any members from them. Adding a few close friends (people you've known for a very long time and actively been talking to them every week) to my personal server can't be called "stealing". And if you would have given me a chance to stand up for myself, you would believe me. I have over 6 people who witnessed those events and know that I haven't been involving myself in any drama against anyone.

I believe I was also banned from 100Pals after someone shared a screenshot from a public conversation on my server, making it look like I was spreading hate against the Unified Rules. But I was only expressing my opinion about an incident that has happened to me personally. Shortly after I was banned, I wrote a public announcement in my server about us not allowing any kind of hate speeches against other groups and I want to keep it that way.

If you accept this appeal, I promise a better relationship with 100Pals in the future. I also want to document the consoles rules and provide Unified Rules with a copy after I'm finished. I'd like a more, easier communication for the console platforms as there's been lots of console hunters who have been scared to join Exophase (or MetaGamerScore) after they noticed how different the rules are from what they're familiar with on the console scene (they're afraid of potentially having their profiles flagged if they add them on the tracker and I don't blame them). An example would be this thread that was created recently: https://forums.exophase.com/threads/can ... unt.47832/. It's not the only post created on this topic and most likely not the last either... Which is imperative that changes to the Unified Rules need to be made in pursuit of having the console hunters feel more at home, and I'd like to contribute to that.

I've been working closely with other Achievement Hunting servers, partnered with over 10 communities on all kinds of platforms. I'm constantly helping trackers and content creators to get recognized. I'm spreading positivity in the Achievement Hunting community, and I believe I can be a more helpful asset if I'm taking part in the discussions on your server.

Fabio
Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/crackadalion/
Discord Name: Fabio's

Re: YouGotHitByGunner Discord Appeal

Post by Fabio » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:50 pm

Hey Gunner, thanks for creating an appeal about this. What is it you have changed about yourself, and why did you feel the need to do so?
100Pals Mod

YouGotHitByGunner
Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/yougothitbygunner/
Discord Name: YouGotHitByGunner#7444

Post by YouGotHitByGunner » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:49 pm

Hi, I've surrounded myself with good people, I've been making positive, good and significant changes to the general community of the Achievement Hunting as I've mentioned in the previous message. I'm spending countless hours every week to see hunters happy and less depressed, and also satisfied with tracker services. I felt the need to do so because I want to see more positivity in the world. Like a famous quote says: "If you want to see the world change, start with yourself." There's too much hate and negativity out there. I'd like to be the change.

Fabio
Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/crackadalion/
Discord Name: Fabio's

Post by Fabio » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:55 pm

We aren't asking what you've been doing for the community differently. We're asking what you personally have changed about yourself, and why you felt the need to do so. It may help to think about what you were banned from the server for. What have you changed that would prevent a similar ban from happening in the future?
100Pals Mod