Hawk-cro Appeal [Complete]

Moderators: Appeal Managers, Ambassadors

Hawk_cro
Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Hawk_cro/
Discord Name: Hawk_cro#2705

Hawk-cro Appeal [Complete]

Post by Hawk_cro » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:55 am

First of all thank you for your time mods in reviewing this appeal, it is my first time here and sadly not for the proper reasons.

I have been an avid and honorable achievement hunter for 10+ years, but started college studying abroad for the past 3 years only coming back home for periods of time here and there and over large breaks, playing games and achievement hunting as i normally did. Unfortunately in the majority of that time I have left my computer and subsequently my steam account to the "care" of my younger brother.

I checked ASTATS the other day and found out I was removed from the leaderboards, and also of course from completionistme...steamhunters etc...

Upon confronting my brother about this asking if he did anything wrong and if he knows anything about this he told me he had been using SAM here and there for some broken or unobtainable achievements and such but never on any game to unlock all achievements, only individual achievements because he thought "it was ok", he used it on some of my games and some he played to "help me out with game completion"......*facepalm* :cry:

So sadly here I am asking for your help in correcting his stupidnes in any and all ways I possibly can...im afraid I dont know much about SAM and programs like it but Im reading up on it as well as SAR on this forum, educating myself as best i can, and am downloading SAR as I am writing this.

I would very much appreciate any and all help in checking my stats or whatever needs be done and letting me know if there are any irregularities and achievements that need removing which I will gladly resolve post haste and get my profile back to the state it was! :D

I asked him which games he messed with, to which he replied that he sadly doesnt remember all of them but says it wasnt many (which will remain to be seen), he did mention, a few garrys mod, a few mighty quest for epic loot, a few magicka, a few the hunter primal, a few titan quest anniversary edition achievements of the top of his head...

I will of course go on to fix those games right away but I am pretty sure that isnt all of them and would very much appreciate your help in shedding the light on other individual achievements and anything and everything that needs correcting and the ways in which to correct it! :D
*edit, I wont go on to fix them as I just read not to do anything prior to being contacted by a moderator, downloaded SAR and am waiting for further instructions.

I apologize for having to waste your time with his mistakes and am looking forward to hearing from you asap.
Respectfully, Hawk

P.S. My brother will of course be forced to create his on steam account (which I should have done a long time ago but sadly didnt) and will never again "set foot" on mine.

Hawk_cro

Re: Hawk-cro Appeal

Post by Hawk_cro » Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:29 am

Cant edit again just an update, he removed a few achievements he remembered with SAM, but we stopped as I just read here not to do anything prior to being contacted by a moderator, SAR downloaded and waiting for next steps.

Fabio
Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/crackadalion/
Discord Name: Fabio's

Post by Fabio » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:43 am

Hey Hawk-cro, thanks for creating an appeal about this. Asking him to create a steam account for his own use would have been my first question so that's a nice step XD. Looking at what was already relocked, stranded deep, theHunter: Primal, and Batman: Arkham origins look fine. Can you please reopen each of these games to make sure nothing unlocks on startup?

Looking at garrys mod, it looks like the achievements for playing for a week and a year were unlocked, which should not be possible. This is either a time skip or SAM. We can either invalidate this game and it won't count on for points, or you can relock those as well to make it count. It's entirely up to you! Please let me know what you decide.

That leaves Magicka and titan quest anniversary edition. If you are not sure of what was cheated in these, it would be best to go ahead and relock each game.
100Pals Mod

Fabio

Post by Fabio » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:45 am

Oh i forgot to mention that the mighty quest for epic loot hhas every achievement unlocked at the same time. Do you have an idea on what might have caused that? These were unlocked all the way back in the latter half of 2014 so it has been quite awhile!
100Pals Mod

Hawk_cro

Post by Hawk_cro » Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:04 am

Relocking everything with SAR...Oh forgot to mention I dont know if it is even important but wanted to say I dont have a 100pals discord or am not in a group and such... just listed my personal discord as I saw everyone was doing it so thought what the hell XD....also I will not be playing any of the games mentioned again, just looking to clean them all up! :D

Regarding Stranded deep......Relaunched the game and even played a bit, nothing unlocked...looks good on my end.

Regarding Batman Arkham origins....also relaunched the game, checked achievements, all looks good, nothing unlocked.

Regarding theHunter primal...1 chievo did unlock, the walk 200km one....which after checking the stats I noticed I got fairly, my brother unlocked the walk 400km one which i wasnt even close to getting, stats confirm it...and the third primal t-rex one, which i remember i didnt even try to get.....i relocked the 200km one also as I wasnt sure if i had it or not so thought better safe than sorry.....but after seeing the stats it doesnt surprise me that it repoped as i started walking around in game....the ones that my brother SAMed didnt unlock again of course....hope that is all ok. If need be I will gladly relock the 200km one again also.

Regarding Garrys mod.....I noticed both of them which is of course impossible seeing as how i have 35hrs in game....bro also told me he SAMed them, was just waiting to hear back from you before continuing to SAR....relocked both of them using SAR and reopened the game, nothing popped and looks good on my end.

Regarding Magicka and TQ, we both played each game so yea...will try to sort it out as best I can.
Regarding Magicka....we went through each and every chievo, as we have played magicka many times and pretty much know which ones we got and which ones we have absolutely no memory of lol...we relocked with SAR all the ones that my brother remembered were SAMed....including some im pretty sure i got fairly lol but couldnt rly remember so thought better safe than sorry and relocked those as well...opened the game again and nothing unlocked so also looks good. :D

Regarding titan quest, I have many hours in the original TQ even before playing on steam lol....then some 50hrs in immortal throne on steam....then 100+ hrs in annyversary edition haha so I have played and replayed it many many times so same goes for TQ as I wrote for magicka above......we went through everything....relocked everything where there was some doubt along with some I was pretty sure I got fairly lol but regardless better safe than sorry and ripped them all of like a band aid....hopefully it all looks good now, if not will of course relock whichever more chievos need relocking......reopened the game again and nothing repoped...

Hawk_cro

Post by Hawk_cro » Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:34 am

Regarding The Mighty quest....had to make a seperate post because WHAT THE HEEEELL! xd

On the day I posted here the 25th...where I posted we stopped fixing as we were waiting to hear from you....we fixed the mighty quest....relocked the 5 chievos that my brother SAMed as they were unlocked in 2020 which is of course impossible as the game doesnt even exist on steam anymore...

As for those in 2014, my god what the hell. We didnt even know SAM existed back then before reading your post lol...I found out about SAM around the time I created this appeal lol

Regarding all the chievos unlocked in 2014....my brother had nothing to do with that....as he didnt even play it, I played it personally, unlocked each and every chievo fairly and was even #1 in my country for some time....I have absolutely no idea why they are now listed as unlocked at the same time as of course when I created this appeal post.....I relocked the 5 SAMed ones....and then naturally rechecked all the chievos from 2014 and all the timestamps were absolutely normal...didnt even recheck them again before reading your post.

As for proof i have only my screenshots on which you can check in their timestamps both my rank in my country and the period in which i was playing where I took screenshots of me leveling up periodically etc etc... (couple months on and off) which is more than enough to unlock all the 31 chievos in 2014, the country rank of course required a decent amount of tryharding during which time all the 2014 chievos would be unlocked without a second thought just by playing... the timestamps of all the 31 chievos unlocked in 2014 were absolutely normal 5 days ago when i created this post and checked them...they arent even difficult and were gotten just through playing the game lol as i remember getting each of them.....no clue what caused this sadly :(
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Hawk_cro/ ... =imagewall

I would of course like to ask if there is any way of fixing this, as I am absolutely sure I unlocked them all personally and fairly and have no idea why they all reset to the same time, I didnt even play the game in november as stated on the glitched chievos from 2014 lol as i take screenshots to document my gaming journeys moments etc...and would have one from november, I stopped playing the game way before november...

If nothing can be done of course im am more than willing to do whatever is necessary but yea....sucks as they were all absolutely fairly gotten.

I would even love to replay the game again and get them all again...as they are all easy and gotten by default just through playing....no chievo hunting necessary....but sadly the game doesnt exist anymore...:(

Fabio

Post by Fabio » Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:56 pm

Oh, I believe I left out Crash bandicoot N Sane trilogy, almost every achievement is unlocked at the same time as well. Do you remember anything about that?

Garrys mod is good to go now, and that explanation is sufficient enough for me in regards to the mighty quest :D The other games are fine as well, thanks for checking to make sure they relocked properly.
100Pals Mod

Hawk_cro

Post by Hawk_cro » Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:30 am

Ohhhh jesus christ lol thank you for finding that, didnt even occur to me to check crash because there was nothing wrong with it last i checked when i stopped playing it....absolutely the same story as with the mighty quest, same same, with only 1 difference that comes to mind which i just remembered...

We both played nsane....unlocked each and every achievement fairly but on his account...n sane trilogy isnt on my account just checked....the most difficult chievo being the level stormy accent....completeing it with time trial which required tryharding....the rest are all gotten easily...same same story as with mighty quest.....proof is once again in my screenshots and the date i took them.....I took them when I completed the most difficult achievement to have it for memory sake...and then stopped playing 18.sep.2018.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/Hawk_cro/ ... =imagewall

The difference i mentioned is that im pretty sure what caused this one....my brother and I used family sharing on nsane trilogy....so that could be the cause for all chievos seeming to unlock instantly on the second playthrough we did which was on my account.....I have no idea what might have caused it if it wasnt family sharing...

I am of course more than willing to replay the whole game again on my account....im just not sure if it would pop again....gonna have to test that out...waiting on your word, whatever action needs taking will be gladly taken!

Fabio

Post by Fabio » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:21 pm

Ah, so this is strangely common when using a family shared game on the same computer. It is likely that the cloud save from the other account was used automatically (not your fault) when opening up that game on the second account. This does count as a form of "cheating", but not nearly as severe as most other forms. We can either keep this game invalidated on your profile, or you can relock any of the achievements unlocked at the same time, it is up to you!
100Pals Mod

Hawk_cro

Post by Hawk_cro » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:14 pm

Hmmm....Ive been trying with SAR to both relock specific achievements and to reset them all along with stats.....on my brothers account because as soon as i try to launch it on mine they re-pop so I thought better solve the problem first there....even disabled cloud saves....deleted all local saves.....deleted all saves in game, then overwritten all auto saves in each game.....nothing worked....no matter what we try they re-pop on both my account and his?

Are we doing something wrong or? I would have no problem relocking everything and replaying the whole game from scratch if need be and earn each and every chievo again no problem....or relocking specific achievements or whatever....would rather not have the game invalidated if at all possible, if not oh well...:/

Thank you once again for your time, looking forward to cleaning up my acc once and for all from all this BS lol...

I will try to fix the problem while waiting to hear back from you in the meantime of course....but am running out of ideas sadly...